Rider Alert!Lindberg Road Detours for Routes 4B and 8
Lindberg Road will be fully closed between Klondike Road and 231 for construction. The closure will begin on or after April 12 with an expected end date of October 31. The detour will begin on April 12 regardless of the status of the road closure. Routes 4B Purdue West and 8 Klondike will detour while the closure is in effect. The detours are as follows:
4B Purdue West – to Walmart
8 Klondike – to Meijer
- From Lindberg Road, right on 231
- Right on Cumberland Avenue, continue on route
- From Cumberland Avenue, circle roundabout to southbound Klondike Road (3rd exit)
- Circle roundabout at Lindberg Road to northbound Klondike Road (4th exit), continue on route
There will be a temporary stop located northwest of Lindberg Road and Klondike Road.
The following stops will not be served:
- Robin Hood Ln & Lindberg Rd (NE Corner): BUS905
- Wake Robin Dr & Lindberg Rd (NE Corner): BUS498
- Longspur Dr & Lindberg Rd (NE Corner): BUS904
- Klondike Rd & Lindberg Rd (NE Corner): BUS195
Rider Alert!LAFAYETTE, IN, April 14 – From now through July 2, 2021, CityBus is hiring mechanics and maintenance utility positions, as well as full-time and part-time bus drivers.
Mechanics & Maintenance Utility
Mechanics will be responsible for preventative maintenance for gasoline and diesel engines, automatic transmission and driveline, hydraulic and air disc brake systems, and more.
Maintenance utility employees will be responsible for daily fluid and fuel checks, pickup and delivery for maintenance parts, light building maintenance and cleaning, and other duties.
Candidates for both positions must be available to work nights and/or weekends, including second shift. The ideal candidates have excellent attention to detail, good mechanical aptitude, and a willingness to learn on the job.
Visit gocitybus.com/about/jobs/entry-level-mechanics-maintenance-utility for more information and to apply for this position.
Candidates must be willing to work flexible schedules, be safety-minded, and enjoy working with the public.
Full-time positions are guaranteed 40 hours per week and a comprehensive benefits package, and these drivers are eligible for overtime pay for additional hours worked. Part-time positions work up to 30 hours per week.
CityBus provides a paid training program, including Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) testing preparation, for full-time and part-time bus operators. They’ll also receive uniforms and be eligible for fare-free bus passes for themselves and members of their household.
Visit gocitybus.com/about/jobs/bus-operator for more information and to apply for this position.
CityBus (Greater Lafayette Public Transportation Corporation) is a municipal corporation established in 1971. CityBus provides over 5 million annual rides for Greater Lafayette passengers, including ADA paratransit services for people with disabilities.
For more information, please contact CityBus Manager of Development Bryce Gibson at (765) 420-2948 or email@example.com.
The City of Lafayette will extend Fresh Air Eats into the 2021 season beginning Friday, May 14. Several blocks on and along Main Street will close the third weekend of every month from May through early October to accommodate for outdoor dining space. Main Street will be closed between 10th and 11th, 6th and 7th, 5th and 6th, 3rd and 4th, and 2nd and 3rd. 5th street will be closed between Main Street and Columbia Street. 2nd will be closed between Ferry Street and Columbia Street.
The closures and subsequent detours will take place on the following dates:
- Friday, May 14 at 4 pm through Sunday, May 16 at 9 pm
- Thursday, May 20 at 4 pm through Sunday, May 23 at 9 pm
- Friday, June 18 at 4 pm through Sunday, June 20 at 9 pm
- Friday, July 16 at 4 pm through Sunday, July 18 at 9 pm
- Friday, August 13 at 4 pm through Sunday, August 15 at 9 pm
- Friday, September 24 at 4 pm through Sunday, September 26 at 9 pm
- Friday, October 8 at 4 pm through Sunday, October 10 at 9 pm
The following routes will detour while the closures are in effect:
3 Lafayette Square
4B Purdue West
- Inbound to CityBus Center – from Columbia, right on 4th, left on Brown, left on 3rd, right into CityBus Center
6A Fourth St
- Outbound to Walmart – from CityBus Center, right on 3rd, right on Columbia, continue on route
- Inbound to CityBus Center – from South, left on 4th, left on Brown, left on 3rd, right into CityBus Center
- Inbound to CityBus Center – from 3rd, right on Alabama, left on 4th, left on Brown, left on 3rd, right into CityBus Center
(Friday evenings only)
- Outbound to Campus – from 9th, right on Columbia, continue on route
- Inbound to Lafayette – from South, left on 9th, continue on route
City Routes, The Avenue, The Cottages on Lindberg, Village West, Late Night, Sundays, Saturdays, The Quarters, Copper Beech Klondike
4B Purdue West operates Monday- Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Popular destinations along the route include Blackbird Farms Apartments, Redpoint West Lafayette, The Quarters Apartments, Purdue University (State Street), Purdue Residence Halls, Purdue Village, Wabash Landing, Walmart (west), Village West, The Cottages, and University Place.