UPDATE: this detour will end on Sunday, December 15.
The City of Lafayette will close Main Street between Perdue Street and Wallace Avenue for the installation of utilities and sewer upgrades for the new Loeb Stadium. The closure will be in effect Tuesday, October 1 through the end of November. 4A Tippecanoe Mall will detour while the closure is in effect.
The detour is as follows:
Outbound to Tippecanoe Mall
From Main, right on 18th
Left on Kossuth
Right on Main, continue on route
Inbound to CityBus Center
From Main, left on Kossuth
Right on 18th
Left on Main, continue on route
There will be no service to the following stops:
- Main St & Jackson St (SW Corner): BUS444SW
- Main St & Scott St (NW Corner): BUS482NW
- Main St & Congress St (North of): BUS947
- Frozen Custard on Main St: BUS191
- Main St & 21st St (Northeast of): BUS408
- Main St and Scott St (SE Corner): BUS482SE
- Main St & Jackson St (North of): BUS444NE
Passengers may board at any 3 Lafayette Square bus stop along 18th Street.
Receive rider alerts via text or email at bus.gocitybus.com/signup or use the MyCityBus App.
For help finding the closest stop, riders can download the CityBus mobile app to a smartphone by searching for "MyCityBus" in the app store (Android or iPhone). The app can also be viewed online.
For further assistance, riders can use MyRide, My Bus or call 765-742-7433 (M-F: 7 am-7 pm; Sat: 10 am-6 pm; Closed Sunday).