CityBus is looking for dedicated and reliable Mechanics to be part of our team. You’ll perform gasoline and diesel engine maintenance, or light building maintenance and daily fluid and fuel checks as appropriate for the role. Join for competitive wages and exciting work.
AS A CITYBUS MECHANIC YOU EARN:
• Up to $25.19 with additional incentive bonuses for passing the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) tests
• State-sponsored retirement pension plan
• Health/vision/dental insurance
• Opportunities for advancement
• Opportunities for overtime
While our ideal candidate already holds two or more truck/bus ASE certifications, we encourage all interested to apply. If you have an outstanding mechanical aptitude, let’s talk. Our mechanics have the opportunity to earn additional ASE certifications on the job which results in a progressively higher hourly rate as certifications are earned.
ENTRY-LEVEL MECHANIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gasoline and diesel engine preventative maintenance
• Automatic transmission and driveline preventative maintenance
• Hydraulic and air disc brake systems equipped with ABS maintenance
• Air ride and conventional suspension systems maintenance
• Steering system and related components maintenance
• 12- and/or 24-Volt Basic Electrical system diagnostics
• Knowledge of basic electronic circuits
• Knowledge of basic interior and exterior body construction
• Must be available to work nights and/or weekends, including late second shift
• Must be able to obtain CDL B with appropriate endorsements
• Must be able to pass pre-hire alcohol and drug screen as well as ongoing random drug and alcohol tests
YOU NEED TO:
• Have an excellent attention to detail.
• Possess a good mechanical aptitude.
• Have basic hand tools (CityBus will provide specialized tools and equipment)
• Have a great attitude and willingness to learn.
• Have a working knowledge of all relevant hand tools, as well as electronic test meters.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Be capable of taking and following directions.